This is one of the boys most favourite dishes, it’s also great for sneaking in veggies and it’s so quick and easy it’s often my “go to meal” when I’ve been out all day and come home and have to have dinner made in a hurry! Now for non Thermomix owners your probably thinking risotto – quick and easy??? She is crazy! but that is one of the many brilliant things the Thermomix does, no stir risotto and also can do them completely dairy free which is not only great of allergies but also your waistline!
This version is cheap, easy and tasty filling meal using stuff you normally have in the pantry, fridge and freezer and it feeds the masses as it makes so much with just a few simple ingredients.
1 onion (quartered)
1 garlic clove
1 carrot roughly chopped
1 zucchini roughly chopped
Seasoning – Pepper
180 g aborio rice
370 mls water + 1 tblsp Veggie Stock Concentrate
400g diced tomatoes (tinned or fresh)
190 – 200 g of tuna (I used in oil drained but you can use in springwater, I find the oil gives it a bit more flavour) or canned wild alaskan salmon in springwater
2 tbls parsley chopped
4 tblsp frozen peas
15g oil for sauté
1. Chopped parsley in TMX spd 5 for 2 – 3 seconds – set aside in bowl
2. Add onion, garlic, carrot & zucchini into TMX bowl and chop for 5 seconds speed 7
3. Add oil and salt /pepper if using and sauté on 100 2 mins speed 1
4. Insert butterfly, Add remaining ingredients’ (expect frozen peas) and cook for 20 mins at 100 deg on reverse speed soft. 5 mins before cooked add frozen peas.
5. Optional stir through grated parmesan cheese (if not dairy free) and squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top.